hernibs on BUST SELLING STRESS
5 Big Questions To Resolve Before You Sell Your Home…….
Most people feel confident about the basics of home security. For example:
Keep all doors locked. Have a light on in the house while away. Never hide
a key outside in an obvious place, like under the mat.
• Yet, almost a million and a half properties get burglarized in
North America each year. So how can you prevent that from
happening to your home? Here are a few less known home
• Actually, never hide a key outside. Thieves know all the hiding
places. Instead, make sure all family members have a key.
• Two-thirds of home burglaries occur during the day. So be
extra vigilant about making sure doors and windows are
locked while you’re away during the day.
• Surprisingly, most thieves are not daring. They are 2.7 times
more likely to target a home without an alarm system.
• Thieves will attempt to force entry through sliding-style doors
and windows first. So make sure these have a locking bar or
extra bolt lock.
• Surprising, 40% of household burglaries do not involve forced
entry. The thief is able to slip in through an unlocked window
• Don’t show off possessions! An imported racing bike parked
next to the garage, or expensive audio equipment clearly seen
through a window, is an invitation to burglars.
• Take a look at the lighting and landscaping around your
property. Are there spots where a thief could easily hide? If so,
make some changes.
• When planning a trip, have a trusted neighbour pick up
newspapers, flyers and anything else that may accumulate at
Your local police department may have more tips and special programs for
keeping your home secure.